Do you struggle with meal planning? Or shopping at the warehouse stores and end up with ingredients sitting in the pantry, or even worse…having to through out produce when it goes bad?
I’ve got just the solution for you with this original (first ever!) 20 meals for $150 plan. For months I found myself playing this game of “mix and match” with ingredients from Costco and would cook some, freeze some…and it dawned on me that I can’t be the only one with this “use it all up before it goes bad” problem, so I pulled together a list of recipes and ingredients where you can make 20 meals for $150!
Let’s get to it, shall we?!?
Ingredients & Price List
- 1 big package of chicken breasts (contains 6 – 1 lb packages) ~ $19
- 1 big package of ground beef (about 5 1/2 to 6 lb) ~$17
- 1 package of beef for stew (about 4 lbs) ~$14
- 1 – 5 lb bag of baby carrots $4.99
- 1 – 15 lb bag of gold potatoes $9.99
- 1 – 6 ct package of avocados $5.49
- 8-9 mangoes or 1 box $5.99
- 1 – 40 ct bag of 6″ tortillas $3.19
- 1 – 36 ct bag of Costco bakery dinner rolls $4.49
- 1 – 4 lb package of frozen broccoli $5.89
- 1 – 18 ct package of eggs $1.99
- 1 – 6 lb package of spaghetti noodles $6.59
- 2 pack Prego pasta sauce $7.49 (MINUS $2.30 coupon!)
- 2 pack Kirkland salsa $7.49
- 1 – 24 oz. container Parmesan cheese $7.99
- 1 – 4 lb bag of quinoa $10.99
- 1 – 8 ct package of canned corn $7.89
- 1 – 8 ct package of canned black beans $5.79
- 1 – 8 ct package of canned tomatoes $5.99
Optional – a 6 pack fresh peppers $6.49
Total – $149.94
(or $156.43 if you get the peppers too!)
Leftovers – you will have lots leftover too…including a jar of spaghetti sauce, lots of quinoa, jar of salsa, several pounds of potatoes, a ton of Parmesan cheese, and smaller quantities of other ingredients. I did not reflect these “leftovers” in the total cost, so it would really be $10-$15 less than $150!!! To get the meal plans head on over to $5 Dinners by clicking the banner below or CLICK HERE.
This is one of the best programs for saving time, energy and money when preparing dinner for your family! Not only are the recipes delicious and convenient but the meal plan comes with all the recipes, the shopping list, step by step assembly notes and even an assembly instructional video! You honestly can’t beat that! It takes all the guess work out of dinner time!
#SmartWeigh #diet #review
I cannot lye; I LOVE the Smart Weigh Digital Multi-function Stainless Steel Food and Kitchen Scale!! The look and quality are far more superior to most anything you’d find in your local store! It’s a totally compact sleek stainless steel scale that fits in perfectly in any kitchen or office. It measures only 7.4×8.5×0.5 inches and stores easily in small spaces or looks great sitting out with its gorgeous stainless steel finish. It is very easy to clean and comes with the 3 AAA batteries included which were already installed in the battery compartment which I personally though was a bit odd because normally batteries are wrapped separately and when you open the box you unwrap them and put them in yourself. When you get the scale, take it out of the box and just pull the clear tab and it will come on instantly and is ready for use. One of the really amazing things about this scale is that it measures in grams, pounds, ounces, milliliters, and even fluid ounces depending on which setting you choose. With a press of a single button you can easily cycle threw all the different measurement choices. My scale was mailed to me as a product sample so I could test it out and report on it by writing a product review. Another huge plus to this kitchen scale is the large, easy-to-read, backlit LCD screen that’s can come in really handy for someone with any kind of vision issues. You can even zero out any containers or items placed on scale before weighing so you don’t end up adding in the weight of the container or plate. It also has an automatic shut off after 2 minutes to preserve the battery life and it even has a two-year warranty.